Instant noodles – quick, tasty, and the perfect hangover remedy. Below, one of my favourite recipes. Cooking time: Less than 10 minutes!
My grandma used to make breakfast for the entire household every morning. One of my favourites was Fried Maggi Mee. A bit of a misnomer, considering that the family’s preferred brand was, and is, Myojo.
It’s a simple dish. Cook the noodles without the seasoning powder, drain it, fry it with meat or seafood, soy sauce, white pepper, garlic, and shallots. Sometimes, if she was feeling a little “dangerous”, she’d use a can of Narcissus Stewed Pork Belly. My sister never had an appetite for breakfast but me, I LOVED them! Especially when they are greasy and full of flavour!
So now, whenever I need to whip up a quick meal and am not in the mood for instant noodles cooked the plain and simple way, I’d turn to my grandma (bless her soul) for inspiration and stir-fry the noodles instead. It’s not a 3-minute job but quick enough and the oomph is totally worth the extra minutes.
Stir-Fried Instant Noodles
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 packet of instant noodles, cooked and drained
1 can of Narcissus Stewed Pork Belly
1 red chili, chopped
A couple of sprigs of spring onions, chopped
White pepper to taste
1. Add the pork belly into a pan before turning on the heat. Set aside half the gravy in the can.
2. Heat the pan with the pork belly in it on low heat. Leave it to render the fat.
3. Once you get enough grease (about 1/2 a tablespoon) remove the excess oil and fat, and turn up the heat to medium. Add garlic and fry for about 30 seconds, gently tearing the pork into smaller pieces with a fork (be careful not to scratch the pan!).
4. Add the noodles, the gravy, and half the spring onions. Fry until the noodles has fully absorb the gravy.
5. Add white pepper and mix well.
6. Plate the noodles and garnish with chopped chili and spring onions.
7. Pour away any grease in the pan and fry the egg. Add the egg to the top of the noodles before eating!
The Tefal Expertise Fry Pan is a great non-stick pan so you don’t have to worry about anything sticking to it. Frying an egg used to be a pretty daunting task for me (scraping burnt egg off a pan is no fun, trust me) but I love how it just slid off the pan!
Win a Tefal Expertise Fry Pan 28cm Worth $105 Now!
We are giving away 1 Tefal Fry Pan worth $105. To win it, simply follow the steps below:
1. LIKE Go Away’s Facebook Page. Only our fans are eligible for this giveaway.
2. SHARE and LIKE this Facebook post about this content. Be sure your post is set to PUBLIC so we can verify that this step has been done.
3. In the COMMENTS section of the Facebook post, post a picture of your instant noodles meal. Most mouth-watering picture will win the pan!
[Note: All images have to be ORIGINAL and CANNOT BE RIPPED from someone else’s blog or Instagram]
Closing date of this content is: 10 March 2017.
The Tefal Expertise Fry Pan was given to Go Away for review purposes. This post was neither paid for nor vetted by Tefal or its PR representatives.