HSBC Women’s Champions is back!
Even if you’re just a casual spectator of the sport, there’s no denying the excitement of the HSBC Women’s Champions. Here are six reasons to check out this premier golf event.
1. It’s their 10th anniversary!
This year marks the 10th anniversary of the HSBC Women’s Champions, which brings together the world’s best women golfers to compete for one of the most prestigious titles on the LPGA Tour.
2. Defending champion Ha Na Jang will return to the course …
South Korean Ha Na Jang, currently ranked as the world number 7, has confirmed she will be returning to the course this year to defend her title. The real question is, if she wins, will she re-create that Beyonce jig she did when she won last year?
3. … and so will all of the world’s top 10 players.
Apart from Jang, the world’s top-ten ranked female golfers will also be participating in this year’s tournament. They include world number 1 Lydia Ko of New Zealand, world number 2 Ariya Jutanugarn of Thailand, and world number 3 (as well as 2016 Rookie of the Year) In Gee Chun of South Korea.
4. Witness 17-year-old Singaporean golfer Amanda Tan make her professional debut on the course.
Just two days ago, the young talent beat 11 other local golfers to secure a spot at the HSBC Women’s Champions. Although Tan first played in the tournament as a 14-year-old, this might be the first time she will be teeing off as a professional as she has just applied to turn pro. Be sure to cheer on our rising star!
5. This is the first time the tournament will be played on the New Tanjong Course.
It will (almost literally) be an even playing field, as this will be everybody’s first time playing on the New Tanjong Course. Set against the Singapore Straits, this new course offers 360-degree views of the city skyline, as well as large sandbelt bunkers rarely seen in Asia.
Plus! Lee Joon Gi will be headlining the HSBC Women’s Champions music festival.
Following last year’s successful music festival concept, the music programme for this year’s edition has been extended to a six-hour show to include performances by local acts DJ Bounce Squad, Jack & Rai, and Gentle Bones; and emerging US band, Thirdstory. Of course, the highlight this year is South Korean star Lee Joon Gi, who will light up the stage with his ‘Lee Joon Gi [Thank You] Asia Tour’ at the driving range of Sentosa Golf Club.
Go Away is giving away 5 pairs of season passes to HSBC Women’s Champions 2017 worth $600!
(The contest has ended.)
Here’s how you can win these tickets for yourself:
1. ANSWER this question in the Comments section below: “Tell us who you’ll take with you to this year’s HSBC Women’s Champions, and why.”
3. SHARE this post on your Facebook*. Be sure to set your post on Public so we can see that this step has been done.
4. EMAIL your details (name, email, mobile number, and NRIC/passport number) to email@example.com
Deadline: 18 February 2016, 6pm
HSBC Women’s Champions 2017 will take place from March 2 to 5 at Sentosa Golf Club. These season passes grant the pass-holder full access to the course and fan village. It does not include entrance to the hospitality tents or Lee Joon Gi’s concert. For more details, click here.