Feeling down? Wish you could recharge your mind over the weekend? A visit to Noah’s Ark Natural Animal Sanctuary (NANAS) – which can be easily arranged, thanks to the convenient pick-up service from Singapore to the compound and back – will definitely put a smile on your face.
The first time I visited Noah’s Ark Natural Animal Sanctuary (NANAS) was three years ago when my boyfriend and I decided to check out the Noah’s Ark Coach Tour on a whim. The moment the gates opened, we received the most exuberant welcome ever as a pack of dogs came barrelling toward us, all wide-eyed and tails wagging with excitement.
That was when I fell in love with the sanctuary.
The permanent home to approximately 600 dogs, 300 cats, nine horses, one pony, a few bunnies and primates, NANAS is a spacious sanctuary for abandoned, abused or homeless animals to live out the rest of their lives freely and happily. Having been used to humans, most of the animals at NANAS are remarkably friendly and loving, seemingly at peace with themselves and their surroundings. I’m not surprised; these animals have found their forever home, and I swear I could see contentment in their eyes during my visit.
Think I’m being overly sentimental? Check out these pictures (all photos from Noah’s Ark CARES Facebook page) and you decide!
1. This dog’s failed attempt at camouflaging.
2. That look of unadulterated bliss during a hose-down in this insanely hot weather.
3. This sweetheart racing to the front just to say hi.
4. That dachshund reserving a spot on the bench for you.
5. This little puppy sitting guard to protect its humans from evil.
6. Teeth? Of course not! All this furbaby wants for Christmas is your affection.
7. This golden retriever waiting for its human driver.
8. This adorable doggie wishing it could fit in the cat house.
9. These happy dogs running free and wild with their beautiful neigh-bours.
10. We know; we can’t bear to say goodbye too.
Fellow Go Away editor Debs and I will be attending the next Noah’s Ark Coach Tour on April 2, Saturday. Join us! The registration fee of $70 per pax includes transport to and from NANAS, and lunch. For registration details, click here. [Note: Please refer to Noah’s Ark CARES website for their scheduled tour dates, under Upcoming Events. Walk-ins will not be entertained.]
25 Nov 2016
31 Oct 2016